It couldn't be easier
The best way to fundraise is using an online sponsorship sheet. You don't have to worry about chasing in donations after the event has finished and we receive the money straight away, without you having to fill in a cheque and post it back.
Set up your page
Setting up a page is quick, easy and free. Simply click on the link, follow the instructions and within 5 minutes you'll be ready to go!
Now get fundraising!
But setting up your page is just the beginning. Here are some top tips for getting the most out of your online fundraising page:
- Make your page personal, relevant and interesting. Include information about why you are taking in your challenge, why you are supporting Forest YMCA, what the challenge means to you and insert lots of pictures!
- Make sure that your first donation is a big one. Go to the person who is likely to give you your biggest donation first. Subsequent donors will tend to follow suit
- Publicise your page. Publish your page on facebook. Provide a link to it on your personal and business email signatures. Post the link on twitter and ask your followers to re-tweet it to their followers. If you are interviewed by your local newspaper make sure you ask them to include the link to your fundraising page. Create business cards with a link to your fundraising page & give them out to anyone you meet: your hairdresser, the guys in the local cafe, friends of friends. and don't forget to....
- Ask and ask - then ask again! - It usually takes up to three "asks" before someone gives to you, and that's not because theydon't want to - sometimes people just don't get around to it! They will be greatful for the reminder. Remember, people like giving to charity and supporting their friends - it makes them feel good!
- Run fun, quick competitions - For example, on a Friday afternoon, send an email to your colleagues which says "the next 5 people to sponsor me will get a chocolate bar". You'll be suprised by the response!
For more ideas visit the justgiving website or contact the Fundraising Team
Telephone: 020 8509 4632